Saturday 15 February 2014

Right, so, I have some good news, and some pretty BAD news.

My stuuuuupid red passport is expiring and that's kind of, well, it's monumentally shiiiiiit, shall we say, when you're trying to get a work permit in a foreign country (that's the bad news, right there). So, it needs to be renewed... urgently.

I'm going to London (that's not the good news)

I'll only be there for three days (not good news either)

It cost me a bazillion pounds (well, yeah)

It's pretty cold in London and I have no warm clothes with me in Botswana (this is all sounding horribly familiar; in London,  freezing cold, wearing sandals, in a bit of a flap.. yeah this has definitely happened before)

Ummm, oh yeah, the good news, hang on a second

errrr

there was something...

oh yes, I get to watch the movies on the aeroplane. Haven't watched a movie in a while, so THAT'S quite nice. Aaaand, ummm, buy something from duty free, I guess. Quite like me a bit of aeroplane food, cut my scrambled eggs into squares, bounce them off the back of the chair, don't mind a bit of that myself. And... maybe I'll go shopping. Had a few orders from some desperate expats in Maun put in already for Tetley's tea bags and Dairy Milk chocolate. 

Oh... AND...I just remembered I won a writing competition and have two free nights at a hotel in London. Oh happy day.

Rays of sunshine all over the place. 

Yours in rainbows and positive thinking, 
Polly-Anna 


Real Time Web Analytics